Monday, June 10, 2019

It's Monday! What are you reading?

It's my personally designated first Monday of my summer break!  I took a look around at my stacks (and stacks, and stacks) of books, and sighed about those I've started but not completed.  SO, my goal this week is to finish these:

and start these:

The grown-up books are A Case of Exploding Mangoes, fiction by Mohammed Hanif (a gift from my brother; reminds me of a Middle Eastern Tom Clancy novel) and Educated, a memoir by Tara Westover (so painful, I've been reading it in chunks, almost done).  Shout is a memoir by Laurie Halse Anderson; I read Anderson's Speak in my YA lit class, a jarring fictionalized account of the aftermath of sexual assault.

The personal learning books are 10% Happier by Dan Harris, Keep Going by Austin Kleon, and The Crossroads of Should and Must by Elle Luna (a recommendation from a writing workshop I'm taking).

The kidlit titles are Bluebonnet Award nominees Wishtree by Katherine Applegate, Captain Superlative by J.S. Puller, and The Adventures of a Girl Called Bicycle by Christina Uss.  I'm going to finish the classic Matilda by Roald Dahl.

And then there's the most daunting, stretch-my-reading-limits book of the summer, the one I feel I must read:

It's Monday; what unfinished book reading are you planning on accomplishing this week?  What book is stretching you as a reader?

No comments:

Post a Comment