Monday, March 4, 2019

It's Monday! What are you reading?

Every once in awhile, when I'm in the mood to read something other than a children's book and I don't have time to devote to an adult novel, I splurge on magazines.  Since it's my birthday week, I did just that today at the grocery store checkout counter.

The Texas Monthly caught my eye with its cover story on Buc-ee's, one of my favorite rest stops (who doesn't love a clean bathroom and all the snacks you could want to eat?).  Family Circle is one of my go-to magazines for homecare and recipe inspiration; the Better Homes and Garden and Martha Stewart's Living were packaged with it for a nice price.   I'm interested in new recipes for my Instant Pot, and always trying to figure out how to declutter and organize at home and work--two more magazines went in the pile.  HEB's My Texas Life was a freebie.

This stash will take me through my downtime through Spring Break.  By then, I'm hoping to have time to devote to a full-length book once again.

It's Monday; what are your favorite quick-read magazines?

No comments:

Post a Comment