Monday, September 10, 2018

It's Monday! What are you reading?

When I started graduate school to become a librarian, I also started collecting books about libraries.  I was so excited when I heard about this book that I pre-ordered it, and it arrived a couple of weeks ago!
Lost in the Library: A Story of Patience and Fortitude is by Josh Funk and illustrated by Stevie Lewis.  It's based on the two lion statues outside the New York Public Library:
Photo from Flickr by Dave and Margie Hill,
https://www.flickr.com/photos/the-consortium/3062026995


Fortitude loves hearing Patience's stories, but just before dawn, he awakens and finds Patience gone!  We get an inside peek at the highlights of this historic building while Fortitude explores the library in his search for Patience.  He eventually finds his partner--and the source of those stories.

I love collecting library-themed books!  Do you collect books on a specific topic, too?  What is the theme and your connection to it?

No comments:

Post a Comment