Monday, January 2, 2017

It's Monday! What are you reading?

Welcome to 2017!  The staff in our district started back today; students return tomorrow.  I was tempted to skip today's blog post, but after a two week holiday, I need to get back in the habit of writing!

I have started off my year by incorporating page-a-day books into my morning routine.  This one was a gift from a friend years ago, and I keep moving it to the top of my to-read pile each year--so 2017 will be the year it gets read!

McColman's book of Celtic myths, traditions, and spirituality speaks to the Irish half of my blood.  I'm looking forward to learning a bit more about my heritage each day.

The other book is a gift to myself:
The Petras siblings have a series of quotation books on various topics.  I'm using this collection to spur my daily meditation and put myself in a good frame of mind before heading off to work and household chores.

Both of these books have numbered entries, making it easy to stay on track.  I'm a bit too blurry-eyed before coffee to tackle anything too deep; these page-a-day formats are the perfect fit to my quiet morning.

It's Monday; did you read before you went to work or school today?  What's your preferred morning text?

No comments:

Post a Comment