Monday, March 28, 2022

It's Monday! What are you reading?

 
Take a look at what I've ordered lately from a favorite catalog!  I have a collection of mystery novels coming as well...they've been a bit delayed.

Milo Imagines the World is a book that we already have in the library, but I knew I needed a copy for myself.  Matt de la Peña gives us a surprise ending not unlike his Last Stop on Market Street.  I won't give it away, but the lesson from both books is that we can't tell a person's story just by looking at them.

I am in the mood for poetry, and Amanda Gorman's wordsmithing makes me pause, think, and savor.  I'll be taking Call Us What We Carry to read during our DEAR time at our librarians' meeting tomorrow.

The other two books--Do One Thing Every Day That Makes You Smarter, and The Complete Laugh Out Loud Jokes for Kids--were impulse buys.  I think I'm going to loan the latter to our broadcast crew at school to add to our daily news!

It's Monday, and I have enjoyed a picture book and will continue to enjoy some poetry this coming week.  What genres are you reading these days?

No comments:

Post a Comment