Monday, November 8, 2021

It's Monday! What are you reading?

 It's been awhile since I tackled poetry written by and for adults.  I've had this book on my wishlist for awhile, and decided it was time to purchase it.
I said "tackle" because some of the entries take me back to Honors English classes, picking apart obscure language, verses and stanzas trying to understand a poet's message.  I may even need to keep a dictionary by the bedside as well to aid my deciphering!  I won't let the verbiage deter me, though.  The editor states that the poems were chosen specifically for each season, each month, and so I am eager to find the connections between the words on the page and the immediate world outside.

It's Monday, and I'm exploring poetry before bedtime!  Do you have a preferred genre to read before falling asleep?

No comments:

Post a Comment